Privacy and Cookie Notice
SUPPORTING UKRAINIAN PUBLISHING RESILIENCE AND RECOVERY (SUPRR)
At CEU Oktatási-Szolgáltató Nonprofit Kft./CEU Educational-Service Non-profit LLC. (address: 1051 Budapest, Nádor u. 9.), hereinafter “CEU”, we place great emphasis on the protection of your personal information and compliance with the applicable data privacy requirements, including specifically the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).* This Privacy Notice relates to the collection, use, transfer, and retention of your personal data in connection with your using our website, and signing up for our newsletter.
*Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
- Who are we and what do we do
SUPRR (Supporting Ukrainian Publishing Resilience and Recovery) is a new initiative meant to galvanise assistance for Ukrainian publishing now and after the war. It is a call to action and is building a strong transnational community of publishers working together to match needs with resources.
SUPRR is forging links with publishing organisations that are supporting the goal of ensuring that a strong, modern and vibrant publishing ecosystem will flourish in Ukraine.
- Contact details of the Data Controller
CEU Oktatási-Szolgáltató Nonprofit Kft. / CEU Educational-Service Non-profit LLC.
1051 Budapest, Nádor u. 9., Hungary
+ 36 1 327-3000
- What kind of personal data do we collect? What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your data?
|When do we process your data?||Why do we process your data?||What personal data do we process? What kind of cookies do we store?||What is the legal basis for processing data?|
|When you use our website||– To improve our site.
– To use data analytics for improving our activities.
|Technical, visit and location information, including: IP address, browser type and version, device IDs, operating system, information relating to your mobile operator or Internet Service Provider (ISP), full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), page interaction information (like scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).||Legitimate interest|
|– Functionality purposes, e.g. to remember if the cookie consent agreement has already been submitted by a visitor.||Legitimate Interest|
|– Analytical purposes, e.g. to track anonymized visitor browsing statistics.||Consent|
|– Other marketing- or usage-related informational purposes – usually involving an embedded object like Facebook page or YouTube video.||Consent|
|When you sign up for our newsletter||– To be able to provide you with information about our activities.
– To receive feedback.
|Name, e-mail address, job title, affiliation, use history, and preferences (opting-in or out of receiving our newsletter, further preferences)||Consent|
|Survey||– To be able to collect information on publishers’ needs.
– To be able to use this information to improve our activities.
|Name, e-mail address, name of publishing house, publishing-related information, job title.||Consent|
- Who receives your information?
We will share your personal data within the SUPRR Team.
Unless we have a legal obligation to do so, we will not disclose your data to a third party.
If necessary, we also transfer personal data to an external party, namely our technical service provider. We share only those data with our technical service provider which are needed to perform a specific service, and we require a data processing agreement to be signed before any data transfer. We require all third parties and data processors to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the local privacy law.
- How long will your information be held?
Personal data necessary for informing you about our activities to which you directly consented, is saved by us, until you object or retract, and is deleted subsequently after 15 days.
- What are your rights?
You have a right:
- to access your personal information – you can obtain a confirmation that we are processing your data and information how we process it. We suggest that you make a request in writing.
- to object to the processing of your personal information – this allows you to ask us to stop processing your data at any time.
- to rectify – you have a right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- to erase (also known as the right to be forgotten) – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- to request data portability – you can ask to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- to restrict processing your personal information – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- to withdraw your consent at any time – without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to know the precise rules about the exercise of these rights, please email to email@example.com or write to us at University Data Protection Officer, Nádor utca 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary. The University will make every effort to fulfill your request to the extent allowed by law and will respond in writing within 25 days of receiving your request.
- Should you wish to request help from the relevant national authority, their details are as follows:
- Nemzeti Adatvédelmi és Információszabadság Hatóság
1363 Budapest, Pf.: 9.
In addition to the legal remedy, you have the right to apply to the court against the activities of the CEU.
- Security of your information
We are committed to holding your data securely and treating it with sensitivity. All data are held securely and in accordance with the relevant data privacy laws and our internal policies. We do not sell to or trade your data with any other organizations.
- Future changes
If our information policies or practices change at some time in the future, we will post the changes on our website.
Last updated on: October 2, 2023